When deciding what home improvements you want to make you want to get the best value for your dollar. Home improvements can be expensive – but instead of looking at the cost of the work, think about the return on investment (ROI). Good home improvements are an investment well worth making. But what about basement waterproofing—is this a smart investment to make?
Chances are there’s a basement under your home. And if you’re lucky enough to have a basement, then you probably want to use it for storage or extra living space. But basements that aren’t waterproofed aren’t always ideal spaces. They tend to get damp and cold, making them uncomfortable to spend time in and unsuitable for storing items in.
Why is basement waterproofing a sound investment?
Although at first glance, basement waterproofing might appear to be expensive, there are lots of reasons to invest in getting it done. Here are some compelling reasons why having your basement waterproofed is worth it:
- Basement waterproofing is a long-term investment. Unlike upgrading your appliances or redecorating a room that can become outdated over time, having your basement waterproofed adds value that lasts.
- Your basement can then be used for anything, whether it’s storage or an extra living area.
- Damp basements also create chilly cavities beneath houses that make your home feel colder and cost more to heat, but waterproofing will make it somewhat simpler and cheaper to keep your home warm.
- A basement waterproofing project should result in a return on investment of approximately 30% in most cases. A waterproofed basement is an excellent selling feature when it comes to putting your property on the market since waterproofing has several advantages, including but not limited to preventing foundation damage and mold prevention.
- A dark and damp basement is unpleasant. Waterproofing allows it to be a more attractive, cleaner environment.
- Installing internal drainage like a sump pump reduces the risk of structural damage, which is expensive to repair and could reduce the value of your home.
- If you don’t waterproof your basement, you may be subject to constant repair expenses for maintenance work.
- Waterproofing your basement will protect your valuables from water damage, so you can store any belongings therein with confidence.
- Waterproofing helps prevent mold growth in your basement. As well as being unsightly, mold can cause some serious health concerns so avoiding it is important.
Basement Waterproofing ROI
When it comes to house improvements, the more appealing they are to buyers and assist you in recouping your money, the better. Waterproofing a basement has an excellent ROI, making it an absolute no-brainer. Consider investing in a professional waterproofing service to help improve your home. At first glance, it may seem like an expensive project but when you weigh up all the potential costs of doing nothing, you will find that it’s a worthwhile investment.
So that you know your basement is in safe hands, Affordable Waterproofing’s dry basement guarantee ensures that your basement is well-protected for years to come. We’ll be happy to assist you whether you’ve lived in a home for years with a damp basement or if you’ve just acquired one and want to know your choices. For a free estimate, contact us now.